Feral Kitten Emergency in GA! But I am in California!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:help:. My friend's sister is near Augusta GA. A feral kitten got attacked by a loose dog in her yard. The poor lady is distraught. She thinks that it has an injured spine but she has no financial means for vet care even if she were able to catch it. Meanwhile, I am swamped timewise with family obligations plus a fellow colony caregiver is in hospital so I will be helping her relatives try to problem solve.
Any suggestions for me to forward to her?
Thanks in advance!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can your friend's sister reach out to rescue centers to see if any of them provide medical treatment for 'surrendered' kittens/cats?
Also, have her try NextDoor Neighbor to ask about places that she could call to trap and treat the kitten.

This is a pet rescue and clinic - Augusta, GA Animal Rescue - All God's Creatures Veterinary Hospital (allgodscreaturesvh.com), maybe start there and if they can't help, perhaps they will recommend some other places to call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the suggestions. TNR definitely needs to happen. A neighbor had come by crying that the dog that he is dogsitting had run away and he is worried that that is the dog who did the deed. I hope that they control the dog before more animals are harmed.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
:argh: Sadly, the kitten didn't make it although in such situations, Death comes as a friend. Now the poor lady is left with the trauma and heartache. I hope that we can encourage her to muster on and maybe TNR that small group.
Please let us know. It might ease the lady’s pain if she prevented such future feral attacks. ❤

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:argh: Sadly, the kitten didn't make it although in such situations, Death comes as a friend. Now the poor lady is left with the trauma and heartache. I hope that we can encourage her to muster on and maybe TNR that small group.
This is so sad. RIP to the little one and I'm glad the woman in question at least cared enough to give him or her some love in their final hours. Does she have any means to do TNR? Other local groups might be willing to loan her some live traps and give her some helpful tips on how to conceal the cage, set it, etc. to make it easier on her.
I sincerely hope that whoever's dog did this works a little harder to contain their aggressive animal. Loose dogs running and biting/attacking are getting out of hand in many areas of the country.