feral cat colony feeding semi-raw....where do i get a grinder that will do bones?

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a feral cat colony of 8-9 cats that I feed cut up chicken thighs/legs chicken supplemented with dry cat food.

I have been cooking the chicken and freezing out of convenience but would like to start them on raw chicken..............easier for me to dispense with the cooking

Need a source for a grinder that would do the meat and bones together without costing a fortune?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being feral, they should be able to manage raw bones, no problem. Try leaving the thighs out whole. . .you'll know soon enough if they can! My ferals manage thighs just fine.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Being feral, they should be able to manage raw bones, no problem. Try leaving the thighs out whole. . .you'll know soon enough if they can! My ferals manage thighs just fine.
:yeah: I agree with this too! Also, want to add............. LUCKY FERALS!!!!!!!!!!! :D :clap::clap::clap::clap: I also feed my feral cats some raw chicken legs a few times a week. They seem to do just fine and really appreciate the extra treat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, they are spoiled just like our 4 house rescues

They get fed every other day...cooked chicken (soon to be raw) and good helping of dry food

Since they are mostly the original male and female, 2 from first generation and 4 from last litter when I found and "fixed" all of them

Of course now all they do is hang out around the barn waiting for my truck to come down the road (meals on wheels)

In response to the tasin-108...if it will do bones $150 does not sound too steep....but I'm retired on a fixed income so all this stuff impacts me...but as we say "anything for cats"

Oreo, my urinary guy just cost me $226 for his latest pee problems and a mast cell cancer on his neck $250!!!

thanks for eveybodies response

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have mentioned that the Tasin will grind bones up to and including the size of chicken thigh bones. Some people break larger bones with a hammer before running them through. I've never tried that but I've put chicken thigh bones through it with no problem.