Feeding?

leviathan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i wasnt sure of how many times to feed my 2 month old kittens a day.

I'm going to check out wet food soon, but right now as far as dry food goes i give them a little bit in the morning, later on in the day and a smaller amount for night time, but i'm not sure if this is best. I dont want to over/underfeed them.

Thanks.

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think until they are a year old you keep food out at all times, I would say do that until they are atleast 9 months...
Dry food that is..
Then I know people as well as myself give a wet pouch once or twice a day.
I leave dry out, and a wet pouch at dinner..The dry doesnt get eating as much as someone would think...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by leviathan

Hi i wasnt sure of how many times to feed my 2 month old kittens a day.

I'm going to check out wet food soon, but right now as far as dry food goes i give them a little bit in the morning, later on in the day and a smaller amount for night time, but i'm not sure if this is best. I dont want to over/underfeed them.

Thanks.
Welcome Leviathan....I didn't really follow the instructions on the side of the dry kitten food....I actually left food out all day. However, I know several people who like you, feed twice a day. The only recommendation I have is to make sure that the kitten food has some kind of protein as the first ingredient (ie Chicken, Lamb, Tuna) since kittens spend a lot of time running around.

Katie