favorite cat?

misstoby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 My first cat, a black shorthair with yellow eyes named Jake (the shelter is so creative with names *eyeroll*). Mostly because his quiet/reserved disposition fit nicely with my own. He is satisfied doing nothing if you are and he loves attention anytime anywhere anyplace. Not going to lie though, the fact that he's indifferent/aloof towards everyone else but me might play a teeeeeny tiny roll in it, too. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My first cat, a black shorthair with yellow eyes named Jake (the shelter is so creative with names *eyeroll*). Mostly because his quiet/reserved disposition fit nicely with my own. He is satisfied doing nothing if you are and he loves attention anytime anywhere anyplace. Not going to lie though, the fact that he's indifferent/aloof towards everyone else but me might play a teeeeeny tiny roll in it, too. 
my first cat is my favorite too, she still around(2 years old), being the top cat of everyone. she just wander into the yard when she probably 5 or 6 months old. she gave a hug for giving her food, guess that her way for  saying thank you

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My favourite was George.

I loved him from the moment I picked him up, a skinny little kitten too weak to walk, to the moment he disappeared 2 years ago. He was and is the best cat I've ever known.

I try not to have favourites any more, it hurts too much if you lose them. I just try to love all of them the same for being such special, unique little beings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it stills hurt even if you don't play favorites 

mattkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two cats, I don't consider any one of them my favourite, I love them equally. My neighbour cats, Milo and Lion are very cute, Lion is the furriest cat I've ever seen.

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Foley is a cutie. He loves purring he begs me to pet him and he kisses me every morning. But Maia is my baby girl. Cannot choose they are both extremely jealous of each other. Although Maia is daddy's little girl. When we are both laying in bed she usually goes to him and kind of shifts between us two. But if Anthony is home and I am not she hangs out around him on him near him. She can't get enough of her daddy. Foley is a mamas boy. My sweet boy

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. I don't know. Lilith is my little cuddle buddy. It's been chilly (by Florida standards) in the house the past few evenings and early mornings and Lily has been cuddling by me. She jumps up next to me and starts kneading the blanket so I make her a little nest and she takes a nap (after she's done kneading of course). She's my little one at about 5 pounds. She's very vocal, a true princess and the alpha for sure. My Lily Belle

Sophie and I have a special bond. I had gone to the shelter to meet Lilith but couldn't leave her sister behind all alone so I took her too. I think she knows. She wakes me up in the morning by laying on my chest and stroking my cheek with her paw (or if she's really hungry, she smacks me across the face but that's beside the point) 
She's my little baby Saurus (nickname). She's more laid back than her sister and usually lets Lilith do what she wants but sometimes, when she needs to, she gives back everything she gets and then some. They are both divas. They let me know on a daily basis who really runs the show.

Henry's my new foster and a sweet boy. He's going to be a project and a half. I don't think anyone has ever really petted him in all the years he was at the shelter. He has no issues with me petting him while I am doing it but he looks at me suspiciously like he 's trying to say, "why are you doing that?" His body language never changes and he's never growled, hissed or tried to run. He just gives me that look. I'm already very attached to him. I refer to myself as Mommy and his new nickname is Brother so he's here to stay. I hope he becomes affectionate like the others, I think he will with time. He was quite affectionate at the shelter so I think he just needs to get adjusted to life out of the shelter, his comfort zone.

Last edited:

angelamariebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is so easy for me to answer it makes me feel guilty. But Flakes, my Hawaiian Princess is my favorite. She adopted us as a family and not the other way around. She walked into my house one day and just refused to leave. Since she kept insisting that she lived with us, I had to keep her.

She's a wonderful mother (before being spayed years ago of course), and mothers my other cats but not in the typical way. She doesn't cuddle, she watches and protects. When it's feeding time, she makes sure everyone else eats before she takes a bite. But if another cat invades her personal space she has no problem putting them back into place.

She's the most patient cat I've ever seen. I have so many hilarious photos of her and my daughter when she was a toddler. Flakes covered in flour, pushed in a stroller or held down for a makeover. She prefers my daughter's bed over mine and I really feel like she looks out for her.

She's a people cat and she shines most when she's outside away from the others. And she has the most beautiful, shimmering black coat and a striking pair of green eyes that makes everyone fall in love with her instantly. Anyone who walks into my house thinking they don't like cats will change their mind upon meeting Flakes. She's my best feline friend.