Family reunions!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer seems to be the time of year that extended family gets together to share food, laughter, and a little fun!
My father's family has been gathering in an annual reunion for the past 106 years. Three brothers named William, John and Alexander McGeoch, came here from Galloway Scotland in the hopes of a better life back in 1795.
The crowd has dwindled some over the past years, as many of the folks are getting quite old. It is harder to get the younger members of the McGeoch clan together, as they has spread themselves all over.
You cannot replace the history and stories and family tales that get passed along at these gatherings, so just a thought for today - enjoy the family you have and keep the ties together that bind you. Invite a crowd over and start your own family tradition of an annual reunion! I guess I am missing my mom and dad today.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Debra; Thanks for this reminder. I come from a family of 6 brothers and sisters and it seems like you said; we, too, fail to get together as often as we did before Mom and Dad passed.

I am going to make a point to talk to my family about starting up the annual "Family Picnic" again. . . . . . . .

Darlene