Dry Food on the Floor

chastidy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
KK actually likes to lay next to the bowl and pull the food out with his paw so he can eat laying down, and Purple likes to crush it in her mouth and then eat the little pieces off the floor. So we always have more food on the floor than in the bowl!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are always "food crumbs" on the mat I have under the bowls. But mine have small pieces of food in the dish and they won't eat those sO I'm always throwing some away!!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You pick it up? I usually just leave it. If my cats knock it out of the bowl they know they dont get anymore until they clean it up, so they eat it. Usually just a few bits but they will search around to find the food on the ground if there is none in the bowl (I refill once a day if it needs it)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Rosie and Sophie often drop kibbles. I've watched them eat and they take some in their mouth then move their heads away from their bowls while they chew.
that's exactly how Kitter's eats hers. Has forever!! It's like she can't eat over the bowl!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
not too much anymore since I changed her kibble to bigger and almond shaped.. now she can "paw" feed and not be so messy