Drink Well - Fountain Locations

akbeck98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok my cats love water! Every morning they are jumping up in our bathroom sink to drink from the stream. I know we are weird! I know we shouldn't let them. That's why I want to get a drink Well or similar fountain.

My question is does the fountain need to me in the same spot as their food? I would of course keep water in a regular bowl with the food, but that location isn't the best to have to plug in the fountain. I'm thinking of putting the fountain in our master bathroom.

My second questions is if I do get a fountain will my cats use it exclusively or will they still drink normal standing water?

Thanks for your insight!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep my food and water dishes in separate rooms or I end up with floating food! I would keep both kinds of dishes, just in case.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 fountains - one in the kitchen by itself and one in a spare bedroom by itself. Both are near sinks for easy filling. I have 2 other plain water bowls that we keep by food bowls. I don't keep the kitchen fountain by food bowls because the dogs love them also and slobber when they drink.

Some of my critters like the fountains and other like plain bowls. I'd have to say keep one of each.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I keep my food and water dishes in separate rooms or I end up with floating food! I would keep both kinds of dishes, just in case.
Same here - floating food is ALWAYS a problem here!
But I have to keep his water and food together or he wont drink the water - picky cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

akbeck98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments! I'm thinking I be getting one this weekend.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have one in our den, as it was an easily accessible and available plug. I still have 1 regular water bowl and the kitty cup in the bathroom. They both drink out of all 3, but my older cat seems to drink out of the Drinkwell fountain the most. Of course, she's the one who likes to drink out of the sink with the water dribbling on her head, too!!

Stephanie