Does this look like a Siberian cat to you?

ktco83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so this cute (presumably stray?) cat has been outside my door the last few days. It's been in the low teens temperature wise so I feel bad for the poor thing. I would take him/her in but my DH is very allergic to most cats. However, this one appears to me to maybe be Siberian? Which I heard can be mostly hypoallergenic. I could be way off and it could be a domestic medium hair, but those weird gray hairs in the ears throw me off. Anyways, trying to decide if I should try to take in kitty, or ask my neighbors if anyone claims her and call animal control.

yodaandblackie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Take him in. Take him in. Take him in! :nod: he's beautiful tho can't say if Siberian. If he's chipped they can locate owner. If not make sure you are contacted to claim him or else his future could be grim. Hope it all goes best for kitty .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree.  take him in, and have him somewhere where he doesnt comes in touch with your DH.  Seek after owner  AFTER he is in.   Him being apparently friendly, he isnt the usual homeless, he is astray or dumped.

Re your husband:   Brush often through his fur.  Swipe it with a semiwet cloth daily.   Helps much.

Bathe him in common water frequently, perhaps once a tenday.

There are also others tricks used by  heavyly allergic cat owners.

Good luck!

katayl88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooh so handsome! :) I would definitely take him in or take him to a no-kill shelter. Is he a black smoke?

Last edited: