Does my domestic shorthaired kitten have a little Persian background?

elllm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently adopted a beautiful 10? week old kitten from a rescue group and assumed he is a domestic shorthair. As we get to know him more we think he may have a touch of persian in him due to his ears being a bit bigger than a usual domestic and he has a long body. The biggest reason is that he is VERY VERY vocal. Unless he is getting 100% attention he is meowing, and we have started to be able to decipher his meows for different reasons. I tried to get a picture of his long body but its not great, it's hard to keep him still! I appreciate any answers. Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When you say persian, you are probably thinking on something else - say a siamese or a bengal.

While we are quite sure there is no persian in the cats background, there may be a siamese or bengal in the kittens background.  Altough its not necessary.  Quite a few domestics are beautiful and loveable by themselves, with just their own roots.   Its of course  such a cats they used to help build up them bengal breed  once upon a time.

His pattern is classic tabby, also known as marble.

But the very pretty girl holding the kitten may have possibly persian background.   :)

Congrats and

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

elllm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whoops! I meant to day Siamese not Persian!! Hahah thank you heaps!