does my cat look like a chartreux?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
what is the exact color of his eyes?  pics are nto always fair here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalaland123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

what is the exact color of his eyes?  pics are nto always fair here.
her eyes are usually gold/amber yellow but every so often they'll turn a coppery orange. unfortunately i don't have a pic handy where her eyes are visibly copper

lalaland123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
is there any other breed that resembles my cat anymore than a chartreux?

note:my mom found her by two people trying to find someone to adopt her right outside the supermarket in new years eve in 2000, when she was still a kitten (like 5-6 months or something like that.)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose Chartreux is the best bet - unless she is a gray domestic - these arent not at all unusual  - certainly much more common than a purebred whom got loose.

Also, the grey "blue" cats, where we can pinpoint the breed exactly, are often called for Maltese cats.

Sorry I didnt wrote this earlier.  I saw you answered re her eyes - which means she isnt Russian blue-ish...    body type not totally unlike a RB thought.

They are supposed to be rather slender, but yours dont differs much.
is there any other breed that resembles my cat anymore than a chartreux?

note:my mom found her by two people trying to find someone to adopt her right outside the supermarket in new years eve in 2000, when she was still a kitten (like 5-6 months or something like that.)

lalaland123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I suppose Chartreux is the best bet - unless she is a gray domestic - these arent not at all unusual  - certainly much more common than a purebred whom got loose.

Also, the grey "blue" cats, where we can pinpoint the breed exactly, are often called for Maltese cats.

Sorry I didnt wrote this earlier.  I saw you answered re her eyes - which means she isnt Russian blue-ish...    body type not totally unlike a RB thought.

They are supposed to be rather slender, but yours dont differs much.
considering how my mom found her in the first place, she's unlikely to be a purebreed. i just noticed quite a bit of similarities between her and the charteux cat pics i found and wanted to see what others who are more knowledgable about cat breeds would say about that.