Do your cats like kidney?

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have made some chicken with kidney (balanced with bone and liver too). And my cats do not like it at all, won't even touch a piece of it. I haven't changed other ingredients. I have used kidney before too, but last time I did not use the dark part in the center of the kidneys.

Has anyone had the same experience with kidney too?

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Koobe!

Some of my cats like kidney, some don't, and some keep changing their minds about it. Whole Life's Freeze-Dried Meat Treats sprinkled over the kidney invariably helps the recalcitrant ones overcome their reluctance; I make sure to ALWAYS have some on hand (chicken works best here, but turkey and beef are good, too). In fact, if it wasn't for the effectiveness of these treats in getting the cats to eat when they're feeling finicky, I don't know if I'd still be feeding raw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello Auntie Crazy,

Long time no see. My cats are weird. The chicken that they did not eat last time, they ate it 2 days ago, and yes, the patch with kidneys. So I do not know what happened.

The meat treats sound like a GREAT idea. When I add Apperon supplements in the food, they wont even touch it. Even I put treats/freeze-dried chicken on it. I hope the meat treats will do the magic. I am going to order some!

I also try to add eggs to their diet, and they sometimes lick the yolk, but will never touch the cooked egg white. Does that happen to you?

Koobe

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are just finicky like that. They all take turns deciding they like/don't like something or other; thankfully, however, the freeze-dried treat sprinkles gets them to eat what I want them to eat.

I had a funny experience (well, funny in retrospect) a few weeks ago...

I now have eight cats (long story) and have been working on transitioning the additional three onto raw. It took them a while to recognize crickets as a viable treat/food source, but there came a couple of weekends in a row where all eight scarfed the crickets in minutes flat. Well, naturally, the next weekend, I upped my usual couple dozen cricket purchase to three and a half-dozen so everybody had a chance at getting their fair share.

Danged if the ENTIRE crew decided they no longer liked cricket treats. It took hours and hours before my tub wasn't crawling with them and, in the end, I had to flush a dozen or so down the toilet.

Crazy, misbegotten little furballs. *sigh*

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

Cats are just finicky like that. They all take turns deciding they like/don't like something or other; thankfully, however, the freeze-dried treat sprinkles gets them to eat what I want them to eat.

I had a funny experience (well, funny in retrospect) a few weeks ago...

I now have eight cats (long story) and have been working on transitioning the additional three onto raw. It took them a while to recognize crickets as a viable treat/food source, but there came a couple of weekends in a row where all eight scarfed the crickets in minutes flat. Well, naturally, the next weekend, I upped my usual couple dozen cricket purchase to three and a half-dozen so everybody had a chance at getting their fair share.

Danged if the ENTIRE crew decided they no longer liked cricket treats. It took hours and hours before my tub wasn't crawling with them and, in the end, I had to flush a dozen or so down the toilet.

Crazy, misbegotten little furballs. *sigh*
lol.. My former feral s will not touch the mouse unless it is alive and outside.. the domestics of course go yummy

here kidneys are well received