Do You Think She’s A Russian Blue Mix ? A Korat Mix ?

Fatdream

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A6F586EA-7B7A-4974-A03A-BD9EDB470D52.jpeg
My cat is a little fat she’s 4 yrs old and 15 lbs
I adopted her yesterday from the shelter . They wrote her as a Russian blue mix since there’s no paper . She has all Russian blue quality except I don’t think her facial profile look Russian blue at all
I know there’s no way of knowing without paper but throwing educated guess out there, what do you think she’s a mix of

Attachments

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does seem to have elements of Russian Blue to me. I'd never heard of the Korat breed before, so I had to Google it, but by the photos I'd say you could be correct in that she's a Russian Blue/Korat mix.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely kitty! I think she’s a closer lookalike to a Korat than a Russian Blue. She’s actually a very good lookalike to a Korat, both her green eyes and pinkish lavender paw pads are on-standard. Her facial profile is close as well. We can’t know for sure if she actually has any Korat in her, or if she just looks like one, so she would technically be considered a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, she is sooner a good look alike to a Korat.
Look at the double triangles in her face - the facial structures are of a Korat.

Also, korats are more stocky than RB, so also her overall build is more of a korat look alike.
Also the dark blue color, although of the silvery tipped ends, is much darker than the american RB, and even somewhat darker than with most scandinavian RB.

Why, she perhaps began her life as a korat for real??
If its impotant for you to know, you can test her. There are fairly cheap DNA tests nowadays, and if she is pure or almost korat, you will get a decisive answer.

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat - agree with the above - more korat including (as you mentioned) head profile shape and also the way the fur parts (its 'fleece' like - RB's tend to be smother). Have put a link below I find helpful (the russian in these shots is very light coloured - but my Niki is a european type so naturally a little darker). And also a photo of Niki's profile ( she loves having her ears patted like this lol) ... and one of her just looking gorgeous.
The Blue Breeds: The Chartreux, The Korat & The Russian Blue
View media item 420486View media item 419472

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's the angle in the photo, but she does seems a bit shorter than what I'm used to seeing in Russian Blues. Her eyes are almost the same as my Tommy in coloration, but he's got long lines to his body type. He's 13 lbs and a big, slinky guy. He's also my favorite mutt.
I don't think I have any filters on this photo.

Attachments