Do you have a favorite?

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know, as pet parents we love all our fur babies equally, but have you ever had this one cat or dog and you just knew in your bones that the relationship you had with then was special, one you weren't ever going to have with another animal?

Personally, I think the relationship between myself and my pets varies depending on the personality of the pet. I have my dog, Cricket. He's the only boy of the household, and I've had him the longest. Naturally, my relationship with him is different from the one with my cats.

Then I have Freya. (Aka Freyva Flave- don't judge). She's my first cat and she's just a little princess. She's really a little lady. She loves to be snuggles and held but only on her terms. When I returned from vacation this week she curled against my neck and just purred for a full ten minutes.

And finally I have my little Zelda. (Aka Zelly Belly). I've not had her very long, just a couple months, but I can already tell I have a special relationship with her. The is is probably because I saved her from certain death, and she was so young when I did. She is always waiting at the door in the morning for me to get out of bed. She follows me around the house whenever I'm moving around. As soon as I pick her up, she begins purring nonstop, like a little engine. Her designated resting place is immediately under my chin. I don't think I'll ever have another cat like her.

Like I said, I love all three of my pets. I would be devastated if anything were to happen to one of them. (I'm slightly panicking because Zelda goes in to get spayed in the morning, and surgeries always make me nervous). And even though I have a unique relationship with each one, I definitely feel closer to one. What about you guys. Do you have a favorite, or a unique relationship with one of your cats?

margarida

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 kittens just like your zelda, names maddie & kona. Someone dropped them off at my house a few weeks ago knowing that i love cats. Of course I took them in & I love them just as much as my other cats.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have favorite, my two cats (who passed away) I loved them both dearly, equally and cared for them till the end of their lives.

Macha is the only baby here so she got all my love and attention  :-)

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Molly (who passed away last winter) and I had a special bond. My boyfriend always told me that she would be the cat you hear about who travels across the country looking for me. She also curled up in my pillow next to me every night. Smokie is a great guy and I'm so happy to have him but we don't have the same bond.