Do cats detox?

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do cats go through a raw detox like dogs do?  My cat Munchie has been on raw for 12 days.  Today he is acting different.  Very itchy, chewing on himself on his front legs and chest area.  He doesn't have any allergies that I am aware of.  He has also been meowing a lot today and has been very clingy.  Maybe something else is wrong?  My dog went through a horrible detox, with itching, eye drainage, however she was on a lifetime of meds and had a slew of health problems.  He is feeling quite spry though he just jumped on my shoulders from the ground. 

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes- cats can detox also. Munchie sounds like he is going through a big detox process because of his purr-fect new homemade diet. Baloo also went through a long 2-week detox period when I switched him to raw, but afterwards you could tell that he was happy and healing.

Best wishes for Munchie and his big transition 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank-you.  I think it's a combo of the diet and the supplements he's on but boy am I seeing a HUGE difference in my boy.  He is jumping on furniture, he just jumped up on my shoulder from the floor, he is more active and just feeling better and if it's possible he's happier.  Just has been super irritated and itchy today if that makes sense.  He acts like something is biting him, and no we don't have fleas where I live.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine went through greasy coat, terrible hairballs, poor anal gland expression...I wondered if I had made the right decision at first. They had so much energy that I decided to stick with it. I'm glad I did, after a while the weird "detox" symptoms went away.