Do Big Ears On A Kitten = Big Adult?

Ronboof

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, Im new so Im not sure if this is the right forum to post in!

I was just curious if there is any thoughts behind big ears on a kitten? Is it a sign, like big paws, that they will be large?

We have a new (Euro type) Burm baby (4 months old) who seems to have massive ears, it was the first thing I noticed about his appearance (aside from the general cuteness)! They are even bigger than our 7 yr old male Burms ears! I dont recall him having overly large ears as a baby either

20171221_185720.jpg
20171227_170801.jpg

Thank you

kristenann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly I have no idea - I would suspect it just means he'll always have big ears!

I mostly just wanted to tell you he is literally the cutest thing! I love his radars!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ronboof

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Honestly I have no idea - I would suspect it just means he'll always have big ears!

I mostly just wanted to tell you he is literally the cutest thing! I love his radars!
radars- love it!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I literally squee'd seeing the photo and my coworker had to come to see what I squee'd at. She squee'd too. TOO CUTE!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s so cute! I love European Burmese. I’m guessing he will probably grow into those ears, at least a little, EBurms typically have medium-sized ears. Although it’s possible he will be off-standard, it could be that he still has quite a bit of growing to do, as male
EBurms can get up to around 14 lbs (they’re bigger than the American-style Burmese).

Ronboof

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He’s so cute! I love European Burmese. I’m guessing he will probably grow into those ears, at least a little, EBurms typically have medium-sized ears. Although it’s possible he will be off-standard, it could be that he still has quite a bit of growing to do, as male
EBurms can get up to around 14 lbs (they’re bigger than the American-style Burmese).
He certainly seems to be a bit more on the oriental side with his looks, I thought he almost looks like a tonk with the ears and the pointier face but that'll change a bit as he fills out in the cheeks I suppose :)

Ronboof

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Speaking of American and Euro Burmese, this photo blows my mind every time I see it:

American-and-European-Burmese-cats-Cozzy-and-Bouie.jpg

Hard to believe they go by the same name!