Direct trajectory to devices of Wifi signal & cat health?

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, paranoia ? #2 today. But our new indoor cat sits/lays in a room where a signal must come thru to get to the devices/ my pc/laptop, etc. I will limit online time til I find out. The router to device basically goes thru his area where he prefers to lay/sits/sleep, & being new to us, he is unmoveable as he is yet scared to be held/touched.

I can't t relocate the router, or him yet, as it is external to our bldg/unit. Ok TY for not thinking I'm nuts but I am here too.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. New one to me. I mean, what do you mean by a direct trajectory? I use my phone all the time with WiFi; do I know Feeby is in the way of the signal - like, uh, no. I guess you are way ahead of me on this one. Will watch to see what kind of responses you get from others who are more knowledgeable on this topic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'm ahead really, just may be common sense knowing that a signal pulled from a source, need go the straighest path, as electricity does too, & thus if your cat is in that path it may go "thru" them to reach you. No way to link this to cancer, hyperthyoid, etc. but is plausible I bet.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TY FOR THIS AS SO MANY DOCTORS CLAIM IT IS A RISK $ I WORRY NOT FOR ME SO MUCH BUT FOR THE LIVES OF CATS AS THEY TEND TO HAVE MUCH SHORTER LIVES THAN US TY AGAIN SORRY MY CAPS KEY IS STUCK.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, when it comes to something, let's say a cell phone, that you use ALL over the house, how would one know what the trajectory path would be?
I think that if the router is between you & your kitty then the trajectory, in my words, means direct 'as crow flies' path. My router goes from the back room thru the bedroom where my feral sleeps (in closet all the time) & then to my device. I can't position it as it is free Wifi. So, the way I need go around this will be to get home i-net & use ONLY a ethernet cord thus alleviate the use of Wifi (wireless) but rather using sort of a landline principle as in old phones.

Now w/ cell phones it is impossible other than limit your time on one or use ONLY for calling not surfing the net. I still error on caution using my cell & limit amount of calls & certainly length of call. I don't gab but rather try to be all business. Haha, saves time in life for more time w/ the 2 kitties too, a HUGE plus!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is the world we live in and while some cautions can be taken, others cannot. I don't keep my cell phone on my person at all and use it on speaker phone when I talk. I do text, but I don't use it for recreation like games. I also use a radiation blocking case when I take it with me when I run.....of course, those are hotly debated as to their effectiveness if you read reviews on Amazon. What I don't do ever is stick the phone in my bra, as a few friends so, and don't keep it in a side pocket over my lower abdomen. The cats don't get to play games with it or the iPad, like that one where fish swim on the screen and they try to bat them....forget the name.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fiona, yes it is a reality unfortunately. I still limit time at home online & will use ethernet as soon as I get settled here. It is so hard w/ cat cancers to pin down the cause but I bet all these factors help it not. Ok, TY for caring so much re your kitties too. :)