Dipper’s Description.. Update

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve posted here once before to ask about what my kitty may be, but now that he’s older and a little bigger I’d like to post again to see if anyone can give me even moooreee info on what his classification would be! :clap2: Here’s some pictures!

Attachments

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohmygosh awww. :loveeyes::loveeyes: He's so cute and alien-looking. Wouldn't be surprised if he's like, a fifth Devon Rex or sphynx or something. Not just because his alien-look but also because he appears to be extra short-haired! (He still has "kitten fluff"!)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's so cute! I think I'd go with maybe some Cornish Rex ancestry. He has those large ears and "surprised" expression, and slender body. I at first thought maybe some Oriental, but then he would have more of a muzzle pinch. Devons would have a more "bulldog" stance, as well as ears more set on the side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

uhmkyrstin

Mama to a Purrfect Kitten
Young Cat
Purraise
Elfilou Elfilou abyeb abyeb Thanks so much for your comments! :) The more he grows the more exotic he looks to me. I rescued him from outside during a storm, my neighbors have cats that they feed outside so I know that one of them is his mother. The other day I saw two kittens playing in the back field that looked like him in color and body shape, I tried to call them from a distance softly but they ran into the pasture so I couldn’t get a better look to check on them.. but I’ve seen them once before with a more colorful (who I assume to be their) mother. She goes into our back yard a lot and scratches on the tree, I believe this might be Dipper’s family. I’m not sure if this helps with finding his lineage but I’ll attach a picture I found on google that is close to the coloring she is. she also has a patch on her chest that is the creamy whiteish color that Dipper is, and her hair is a tad bit longer and more coarse than the cat in the photo below. :)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Momma is surely a tortie - either a diluted blue and creme - or has white spot. Daddy was solid white possibly purebred to hive 3 all white kittens.

I agree on the wording alien - perhaps a devon tex anyway? Even if the skull isnt devonlish and devons arent renown for being all white..,
After all we arent talking purebred but at best a natural son. And momma counts too giving her share.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, so cute! I won't say that he'll stay looking that exotic---I've seen a lot of kittens who come from unfortunate situations who have thin coats like that, and the big eyes and ears can happen when they're malnourished. He may end up looking entirely normal when he's had a few months of good food and care.

Yes, if all the kittens are white that means the father is pure white, with the dominant gene.