Did we crash earlier?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was outside bucking hay and when I finished and cleaned up, I came here to see that I had to log in and all my settings were back on default. I don't have any alerts from the server, but were we down?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not as far as I'm aware, but I've been tinkering around on eBay for the past hour or so.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been on for a while, it seems ok, though running a bit slow.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm noticing problems right now. I was reading one of the threads, and found that I was unable to move on to the next page. When I clicked on "Cat Forms to exit that thread, I noticed that only the top banner loaded and the rest of the page loaded a minute or two later. Just want to add that I have DSL.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just posted an answer and it disappeared, so I'm retyping it.

I believe it did, when I tried to come one it displayed this page cannot be displayed. The second time I tried it gave a different message but I can't remember what it said, sorry.

Then it keeps freezing up and I tried to go back or exit and it takes forever so I wait then when it comes on it's real slow.

Please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again, please don't crash again.

tak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We're not going to crash again, so please do not get caught up in worrying.

The other day we believe there was just a higher number of visitors during a certain time period which caused the forums to be a bit slower, though we have made a few adjustments so that this should not come up again.

Some latency can also be caused by congestion on your ISP's end.

EDIT: Well, actually if you look at the bottom of the main forum listing you will see: Most users ever online was 600, 01-24-2005 at 06:01 PM. - And this was just the forums.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things have just picked up for me in the last few minutes - just as well as I was getting frustrated.
What type of connection do you have Danielle? I use Dial Up.