Describe my cat and kittens

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I rescued this beauty when someone I know told me a local business had been feeding a stray for over a month, which became pregnant, so they wanted someone to take her in out of the hot July heat. When I got her out from under a pallet rack I was shocked b/c she looks pure Bengal. No microchip or missing reports. Someone said she almost looks Savannah too, but I don't believe her legs are long enough. She weighed little over 10 lbs about 2 weeks ago, loves drinking from faucet, opening drawers, jumping on counters, & exploring everything. What's your opinion on her breed?? I'll send kitten pics in another reply b/c they too look Bengal & tabby mix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are ALL just gorgeous! Mom does look purebred Bengal, but without papers I guess it doesn't matter.  She does have the 'rosettes' though. It's tough to say on the kittens, I've had a lot of tabby's that start out with spots that changed to stripes as they got older. No matter what you've got some beautiful cats!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is a link about Bengal cats. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/bengal-cats Hope this helps you.

She certainly does favor the Bengal cat. But since she was a stray, you probably will never know. It is hard to believe somebody would have had this cat and not had spayed already unless she somehow got lost from a breeder.

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, Di & Bob! After they were all cleaned up & dry I saw all the spots & was so surprised. I was going to foster & list them w/ a rescue, but once surrendered it would've taken away my choice of which kitten I would keep. I paid for moms full vetting & testing (over $300) & kittens 1st exam, shots, fecal, & dewormer. Plus, they all got advantage multi & a 2nd fecal to make sure the "rounds" were gone. Rescues wouldn't take the mom, even though I offered to foster, but wanted the kittens of course! So, b/c of all the vetting, food, & litter I have the kittens for sale for $100 & the mom $450. Everyone has to sign agreement to have them fixed & I do vet checks. I think the prices are pretty fare & I'm definitely not making any profit. If you or someone you know lives in or around Louisiana & is interested that would be great! I'm picky about making sure they go to the RIGHT homes :))

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blueyedgirl5946, I did talk to a local breeder. He said she could have come from one of his litters & if I paid for test to see if she was related to the only queen he had left "he could get papers on her w/ no problem & wanted 15% profit"!! Lol, I never contacted him again!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blueyedgirl5946, I did talk to a local breeder. He said she could have come from one of his litters & if I paid for test to see if she was related to the only queen he had left "he could get papers on her w/ no problem & wanted 15% profit"!! Lol, I never contacted him again!
@new2bengals. That is interesting. How in the world did he just lose a cat. :lol3:

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It wasn't his cat, but he said she looks like she could've been one he sold to somebody from one of his previous litters & they probably didn't like her jumping on counters, etc; so they probably put her outside. He stopped breeding bengals 2 years ago. Reason why our local humane societies/rescues didn't want her is b/c people adopt them b/c they're pretty, but aren't familiar w/ their behavior, so a lot of times end up returning them or letting them loose...that's so sad & irresponsible!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't his cat, but he said she looks like she could've been one he sold to somebody from one of his previous litters & they probably didn't like her jumping on counters, etc; so they probably put her outside. He stopped breeding bengals 2 years ago. Reason why our local humane societies/rescues didn't want her is b/c people adopt them b/c they're pretty, but aren't familiar w/ their behavior, so a lot of times end up returning them or letting them loose...that's so sad & irresponsible!!
N new2bengals Oh, now I understand. She is surely beautiful.

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blueyedgirl5946, I have one of those little tree house dog toys that comes w/ 2 squeeky owls you put inside for the dog to try & get them out through small holes to keep them entertained. Well, I've noticed the kittens love playing w/ it too, so washed it all earlier & let my dog slobber & get her scent on it. Yep, it already smells like dog so about to leave it for the mom & kittens to play with. The article you sent had some good ideas & trying this one out 1st...thanks for the info! I've had 2 other black dsh cats, Mia was 16 & just passed 3 weeks ago, but never had a cat so set on attacking my dog, Shelby. She loves cats more than other dogs & let some 2 week old bottle babies I fostered "nurse" on her, lol, even though she's been spayed!

new2bengals

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ehh, sorry it was someone else that sent the link on how to re-introduce your new cat to dog blueyedgirl...just one of those long days today :)