dandruff

ellen55

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats have a dandruff problem. How can I do to get rid of it?

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
What kind of food are they eating? Often skin problems can be a result of an incomplete diet - cats need a good amout of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids... you can also add some fish oil to their food or add some wet food to their diets... also, are they drinking enough water? Even humans can get dry skin if they don't consume enough water... if your kitties are ok with baths, there are also kitty-safe shampoos made for cats with dry skin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellen55

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

What kind of food are they eating? Often skin problems can be a result of an incomplete diet - cats need a good amout of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids... you can also add some fish oil to their food or add some wet food to their diets... also, are they drinking enough water? Even humans can get dry skin if they don't consume enough water... if your kitties are ok with baths, there are also kitty-safe shampoos made for cats with dry skin
Your little monster looks so much like my sweet Roger, who I lost in April due to FeLV. He was the love of my life.

I feed my cats both wet and dry food, but all they do is lick the gravy off the wet food. They drink a good amount of water, I use bottle water because our tap water really taste bad. I'll get some fish oil tomorrow. They should like that.