Daily Thread ST.PATTY'S DAY March 17th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks!

Well, St.Patricks Day is upon us...to be honest I don't celebrate it at all nor do I see the big deal. But then again, I am not Irish so maybe that is why
I think most people just use today as an excuse to drink no?

Anyway, we have another balmy day here...15 degrees and sunny this aft. And its my day off from the gym!

Off to the showers! Have a great day folks!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!

I have a meeting this afternoon, but that's pretty much it on the work front, at least for now.

Well, I was going to make corned beef and cabbage today in the crock pot, but my darling DH came to me last night and said, "Dear, I'm sorry, but I really, really don't like corned beef and cabbage!" Change of plans. I got a pork tenderloin out of the freezer and they are marinating in a garlic-teriyaki sauce in the fridge. He said he'd grill them tonight. Tenderloins come in pairs, so they're both marinating and we'll cook them both, but once it's cooked, one will go back into the freezer for some other night. I may saute some mushrooms and while DH is grilling the pork, he can throw some asparagus on the grill as well. He is now a happy camper.

As for the corned beef, I may just go ahead and cook it up, since it's been in the fridge for a couple days, I don't want to freeze it uncooked at this point. We'll slice it thin for Reuben sandwiches....I love Reubens, so it works for me.

Enjoy your Hump Day!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone!! Its another delightfully sunny and warm day here in Central Pa! Things are starting to look up a little bit and thank the heavens for family members who are willing to go the extra mile for you!!! Im making my this that and the other things "Wish List" since hunni bear is getting a loan to help with his business while we are here like getting the supplies he would need for other cars so he doesnt have to use his dads stuff!! Im getting a little chunk of that to get stuff that I need for the house and for my crocheting stuff so I can make more projects to hopefully sell on Etsy. No luck so far but Im staying positive!!!!

Happy St Pattys Day everyone..No drinking in this house but thats no biggie Im going to watch Boondock Saints today to have my Irish moment!! <3 that movie if you havent seen it yet WATCH IT!!!!!!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a great start to the day, I woke up this morning with a terrible migraine and I have been sick all this morning. :-( Feeling loads better now though, the sun is shining here today and its not cold. I do have Irish in me but I don't really celebrate St Patricks day, I hate guiness
. x

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning!
I'm fighting a sinus infection, so the only green I'll be drinking today is green tea.
I'm wearing green today - one of the few at work who is.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Ruthy, feel beeter soon hun. I know first hand that migraines are terrible.

Another beautiful day here as well.
Last evening we had our first bbq of the season!
Then we went for a nice walk around the neighbourhood, it was great!

I have to work late tonight because a guy called in sick.
More money for me I guess. Hope you all have a great day!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch today turns out to be

Irish Lamb Stew, with Spinach-Mashed Potatoes & Mixed Vegetables served with Home Made Irish Soda Bread
or
Corned Beef & Cabbage Served with Fries or Side Salad

or the restaurant has an Irish Themed Buffet

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Afternoon all and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
:
:

Had a very lazy morning but it's a GORGEOUS DAY! So I opened the windows and kitties had a blast running around like spring fevered mad men and napping in the sunshine.

About to take Josh to a meeting to get his scholarship reimbursed, so fingers crossed! No idea how long it will take but I've got a good book to read so I'm just going to hang out in the car. Then I think we're going to grab a bite to eat and come home for a lazy evening. Really need to do some chores, but...lol.

Anyway, everybody have a great day and wear your green!!!!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I did some work this morning, then went and bought the obligatory 4 pack of Murphy's Stout and also a 22oz of Moylan's Dragoon Dry Irish Stout, a nice northern Californian microbrew Guinness alternative.
Going to ride over to a friend's after work Happy Hour St. Patty's Day party thing. Lucky for me he makes his corned beef but then in a separate pot he makes cabbage, potatoes and carrots for the veggie people. MMMM! BF is still in Louisville so he'll be celebrating there I'm sure. Not that we really 'celebrate'... yeah it's an excuse to get together and drink a few. And no driving, as it's Amatuer Night #2, right after New Year's Eve. I'll probably ride my bike home on the sidewalks to be safer..

Anyway, doing laundry now, and I have a few other chores to get done.

Have a good day everyone!