Crossed eyes

memysel3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if there was anyone out there who had a cat with cross eyes.Harry,my giger male has crossed eyes and it gives him a really strange look!Does anyone know what the eyesight of a cross eyed cat is like?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats have binocular/periphreal vision, this mean that they can easily see and gauge distances. Which is why my one kitten Taz can leap across the room from the love seat to the couch without missing- a distance of about 6 feet. This is important for cats especially when they hunt or play with interactive toys. It is likely that Harry is seeing double vision- is he bumping into things when he walks?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

memysel3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Harry doesn't bump into things but he is not very good at following objects such as a mouse swinging on a piece of string.The further things are away from him, the worse his eyes look.Poor lad!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had a Siamese with crossed eyes years ago. He never seemed to have trouble seeing, but he also never jumped great distances. The most he would do was jump up onto the windowsills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

memysel3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He seems to cope OK with life.I've sent pix of him,(Harry),hope you like them. I also have 2 other cats, called Doris(black and white),and Woolley. They are also pictured.