Crazy legs during sleep

misskitty4088

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am just wondering why sometimes when a cat is sleeping their legs spasm. Today my cat was sleeping on me and her legs were going crazy.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats all do that, along with their ears, nose whiskers

They are just dreaming and it's nothing to worry about, though I do wish I could ask them what they are dreaming about

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have the suspicion that they're dreaming. If you'll notice, sometimes they'll "chew" in their sleep after "chasing" something down. It's adorable...watch the sequence sometime. I've even had kitties knead on my leg in their sleep...and some newborn kittens will suckle in their sleep. It's just kitty dreams! :eek:)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the expression on their faces sometimes if they are having a dream and wake suddenly - where has that mouse gone? Where am I? It cracks me up.

sadisticookie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love watching my cats when they are in deep sleep. Their legs shake, whiskers twitch..it's adorable. Not to mention, when they are in this mode I know they are at their most rested (since I rarely see them in deep sleep, I sometimes wonder when the heck they are getting good sleep at all).