Could My Cat Be A Turkish Angora?

Kelsiejj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had my sweet guy for a few years now but adopted him from a rescue. One green and one blue eye, full white coat and he’s totally deaf! Also very loud. Just wondering if these traits could come from a Turkish Angora background.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's gorgeous! I'm thinking more of a Norwegians Forest Cat lookalike than a Turkish Angora lookalike. Turkish Angoras have a more slender body, and not that pronounced "mane". He looks more muscular like a Norwegian Forest Cat, and he has that triangular head characteristic of the breed. Without papers, though, he'd be called a Domestic Longhair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, esp with his triangularish face. Still not outside the range of suspected TA. Gorgious! Esp as adult he has mane and isnt that slender any more.

Is he biggish? Would you desribe him as elegant and gracious?

BrattyBratBrat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
looks TA to me, not forest cat at all in my opinion but I am no expert either. He's super pretty!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K Kelsiejj - Both the ruff and the set of the ears are wrong for an Angora, however, this stunning fellow could be a twin to this IW QSGC NFO:

abyeb abyeb and StefanZ StefanZ have it right on the mark. If this isn't a Wegie, he's as close as I've ever seen to a serious, show-stopping Norwegian Forest Cat. Man, what a beauty!