Could I have some input on this diet?

jennyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have found this diet and was wondering about a couple of things?

Pancakes diet:

A couple things I'd like to change would be less fish and more chicken also I'd add the occasional rabbit and partridge.

Also I was wondering about adding an egg everyday, she give hers to her dogs, but as I have no dogs, I would end up throwing out a lot of eggs, why not let the cat eat the egg?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be eyeballing measurements and I don't like that.  Yes, she's correct that some days the cat gets a little more liver or heart or whatever and that's fine, but she isn't measuring anything and could be giving the cat dangerously unbalanced meals.  As far as her comment about cats not eating beef in the wild, OK, I can go with that.  I live in a shrimping area and have yet to see a cat catch wild shrimp either though. 

I like the recipes at www.catinfo.org, and there are several others posted in the stickies of this forum.  I use both bone and eggshell (dried and powdered), depending on what I'm making.  Making raw isn't hard, but I think it's better to measure things.

Eggs are a wonderful addition!  I think a better amount to feed is about 3 eggs per week, rather than one a day.  I add them to the large batch of food rather than measure out how many per week. 

Fish on occasion is OK, but I don't make any meals out of it.  I just buy canned sardines packed in water and give them that buy itself once or twice a week (1 can split between 3 cats).  Great for omegas!   When I open canned tuna or canned salmon I give them the "juice" as a treat.