Copes Dried Sweet Corn

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A little while ago, we were talking about dried corn. This is the stuff that Rick likes so much. It's getting harder to find, but if you think you might like it, try to find it. It comes in a small package, but it is also found in cans that you just open and heat. I usually use the packet because that's what Rick likes. You have to re-constitute the corn in all the recipes.

There are three recipes on the back of the package: Creamed Corn in the microwave, Creamed Corn conventionally, and Baked Corn Supreme. Rick likes the Baked Corn. He grew up on this, I never had it until I married him and his mom made it.

Next year, I want to plant corn, simply so I can try to dehydrate it myself. Like I said, it's getting a bit harder to find. I'm on a PA Dutch forum on FB and people do say they can't find it, where to find it, what to do because they can't find it, etc. When we bought it, we got the last packet and there was no Copes cans to be had.

It's pretty good stuff.

CopesCorn.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Gunther4ever Gunther4ever I wouldn’t want to. It has a completely different taste than regular sweet corn.
denice denice I’d like to get down to Hanover, PA. I think the manufacturing plant is there.