Cooked bones

guzmanl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cooked bones for whatever reason get stuck. I am also in the transition stage and it is not easy, but what motivates me are the benefits. Not only for my little carnivores but for me financially in the long run. It only makes sense to feed them what they were meant to eat in order to keep them strong & healthy. The kittens "6 months" now took to the raw food beautifully and you will notice the change almost immediately. These kittens are thriving, so I am determined even more now to get them all on a species appropriate diet. The older ones including the mother of the young ones have not quite grown accustom to the change completely. But as they watch the little ones tear into the meat they become curious and will eat a little than walk away but its a start. I recently started chopping up the steaks and putting pieces mixed with their canned food and absolutely no kibble and they'll eat most of it, but I will not give up. Keep in mind once your kittens accept the raw food just remember as they rip and tear not a pretty site you may even hear them purr as they eat, but all that ripping and tearing is actually cleaning their teeth the way they were meant to and this is so important to their overall health.

mercola.com go here click on pets, I go to this website for answers for many things. Her name is Dr Becker she is a Holistic Vet and she has a library of videos on cats, where she explains everything in detail. She is the reason I chose to change my cats diet. So if your husband needs convincing she will help you with that, because she has a video on that also.

Grassfedtraditions.com this website is inexpensive, organic and more importantly they treat their chickens humanely and the fact that they've done all the work for you is a plus. There steaks"chicken" 85% of the steak is made up to include, meat, bone & organs and 10% is organic coconut which is very beneficial to the immune system of our pets and the other 5% is organic fruits and veggies to make it a complete meal. Currently they are having a sale on these chicken steaks. They have other types of meat here also, a little more expensive though. If you decide on also giving your cats the coconut oil its cheaper at Walmart just make sure its refined & organic the jar should cost you about $6 but will last for months all they need is about 1/2 of a teaspoon and they will eat it right from the spoon mine do they line up for it.

rawmeatybones.com here explaines about the cooked bones and will give you a little more information regarding nutrition also.

and if you end up having to give your kittens suppliments no worries about trying to trick them, it all gets mixed in with their food. Capsules you can open and empty directly into their food, gels you can put in warm water and when they become very soft you poke a little hole and squeeze out into their food and for the hard tablet kind I use to put in a teaspoon of warm water and let it dissolve then mix in food or you can buy a pill crusher i found mine at the dollar store.

Good Luck and continue gathering information the more you know the better you can care for your kittens and the better you care for your kittens means less Vet visits other than their regular checkups.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
rawmeatybones.com here explaines about the cooked bones and will give you a little more information regarding nutrition also.
I believe you mean UNcooked bones; cats should never be fed cooked bones, they can splinter in the cat's throat.
I checked out the website. Interesting. I don't believe it's been updated since 2009, based on Australia.
I fed Ritz Prey Model Raw, no vegies, no carbs, with some supplements, though not coconut oil.