Christmas Cookies - What should I make?

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a cookie exchange on Wednesday night for a local church not sure what to make. I made raspberry thumbprint shortbread cookies and maple snickerdoodle few weeks ago for fun for my husband and they turned out great but not sure what to make and it only has to be a dozen. I thought about making Christmas bark because thats fun! I kinda want to make something with chocolate or chocolate and mint.
But aside from that whats your favorite Christmas cookie?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Christmas bark is delicious! I absolutely love cookies, but I would have to say my favorites are what they call "cow patties" where I live now. I call them no bake oatmeal cookies. The easy drop cookies with peanut butter and chocolate. My friends also love it when I make butterscotch haystacks. As long as everyone knows when something contains peanut butter (in case of allergies) it's all good. You can't go wrong with cookies! :hearthrob:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
DH always asks for snickerdoodle cookies regardless of the holiday. :biggrin:
neely neely My husband says that your husband has excellent taste! :)

Because of some other stuff this year, I'm cutting back...way, way back.

At some point, I'm hoping to get Hollidoodles done for Rick. Same as snickerdoodles, but sprinkled with red/green sugar instead of cinnamon/sugar. Sugar cookie cut-outs and, of course, sand tarts for Rick's mom and for our neighbors. Oh, and white chip and macadamia nuts because Evelyn would be disappointed.

We are roasting peanuts, pecans, and cashews, also for Rick's mom and neighbors. I would like to make some almond brittle, if I can.

That's it. As god is my witness, that's it. And I'm praying I can get that far.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two rather unique family favorites. The first is a slice, bake and frost cookie. It’s a basic sugar cookie type dough, that you form into a roll and then roll that in colored sugar before refrigerating until cold. Then it is sliced, baked and frosted with browned butter icing.

The second is a spritz cookie with raspberry powdered jello mixed into the dough. Then after the cookies are formed each is sprinkled with more powdered jello. it gives the cookie a sweet/tart fruity flavor .

Happy to post recipes if you want either.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I always associate Peanut Butter Blossom cookies with Christmas. I don't know why; they aren't decorated and/or cutout cookies but I think of them as Christmas cookies.
I do too! It is because of my Mom. I swear she was the first one around this area, who made them. She was a baking fiend!, in addition to being an awesome cook! She used to search the newspapers, sent away for the Pillsbury bakeoff cookbook, yearly, etc.

My mom started the peanut butter blossoms craze! Her cookies were so delicious. After a bit of trial and error, she had the recipe down pat--- just enough sugar, butter, PB, and time in the oven to make the outside done and the centers chewy.. I remember helping her roll them in sugar, before baking. I have not made them in a hundred years--- but they never turn out like my mom's.. and I have her revised recipe!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the two recipes. It’s important to use butter when it calls for it and a good high vegetable oil margarine. The browned butter frosting for the one sets up fast so while you can frost by hand we use a frosting gun.
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0601.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have two rather unique family favorites. The first is a slice, bake and frost cookie. It’s a basic sugar cookie type dough, that you form into a roll and then roll that in colored sugar before refrigerating until cold. Then it is sliced, baked and frosted with browned butter icing.

The second is a spritz cookie with raspberry powdered jello mixed into the dough. Then after the cookies are formed each is sprinkled with more powdered jello. it gives the cookie a sweet/tart fruity flavor .

Happy to post recipes if you want either.
That jello one is so interesting do you have a recipe? My husband makes those with raspberry jam but the jello sounds so good

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These are the cookies I went with! Peanut butter blossom but with hugs chocolates! Never made them before because i dont usually bake but since i have time off from work i made some for my church thing tonight but also made extra so im giving some to a friend for his bday today.

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are the cookies I went with! Peanut butter blossom but with hugs chocolates! Never made them before because i dont usually bake but since i have time off from work i made some for my church thing tonight but also made extra so im giving some to a friend for his bday today.
Those look good, now I want some Peanut Butter Blossom cookies.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are favorites I make every year and I try to add a new one each year that I have not tried before, I recently made Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk cookies, the recipe call for 1/4 inch chopped chocolate chunks but I just used semi sweet chocolate chips, They are pretty good, taste like banana nut bread with chocolate chips.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are favorites I make every year and I try to add a new one each year that I have not tried before, I recently made Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk cookies, the recipe call for 1/4 inch chopped chocolate chunks but I just used semi sweet chocolate chips, They are pretty good, taste like banana nut bread with chocolate chips.
Omg never knew there was cookie recipe for these!! I need to try!!