chirping?

triliana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone else's cat chirp like a bird?

Luna (2 year old calico) chirps at me when I sneeze, and doesn't stop until I say something or tell her it is ok. Does anyone else's cat do this? It's cute, but I'm curious.

notme1295

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had a cat that chirped. I always thought it was kind of weird...

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of mine makes all kinds of weird sounds, I think it's like a greeting to you, Dunkin beeps, peeps, he's a strange one
when he's in the same room sleeping and I tease him a bit by calling his name he will roll over and do it
and its so sweet, someone says it's like there telling you here I am. And he will get a toy and jump over the gate and bring it downstairs, talking the whole time

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one that chirps and trills and sings and mews.
She's a big talker.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My big guy, Spike, who was quite the thug, trilled and chirped all the time! It was SO funny, as he always was acting so tough, then would start chirping!
--Miss you, dear Spikey.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maine Coons are known for chirping and trilling. My two boys do it. Mithril is a real triller and trills a lot when he's playing; especially the "pounce on you, pounce on me" games he plays with Narsil.

cessena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My black cat does it all the time. rrrrr? Rrrrrrr Prrrrrr? Depending on what she wants. I've started calling her birdy whens he does it.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alfie chirps more than Max, although I notice they both do it when they're playing together or looking for each another. I assumed it was a 'where are you?' kind of noise

lee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, we had a kitty that chirped when we let him into our bedroom in the morning, as if he was saying "hi, glad to see you!" It was adorable. The two we have now don't chirp the same way, although the talkative one purrs LOUDLY and makes short mews when he's happy to see us.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, Sunday is a little chirper, triller and thriller! She is very musical...you can't walk past her, look at her, say her name, touch her, anything - without a little `prrrrrr'!!! to go with it. She rarely meows, though, which is funny, I think.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tommy's primary vocalization is chirping. He's got a half-dozen different chirps. He rarely meows. The only time he meows is when he's really unhappy about something (e.g. in the carrier on the way to the vet)

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Tommy's primary vocalization is chirping. He's got a half-dozen different chirps. He rarely meows. The only time he meows is when he's really unhappy about something (e.g. in the carrier on the way to the vet)
Same with Sunday!!!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by triliana

Does anyone else's cat chirp like a bird?

Luna (2 year old calico) chirps at me when I sneeze, and doesn't stop until I say something or tell her it is ok. Does anyone else's cat do this? It's cute, but I'm curious.
Just have to say...I LOVE your username!! It is really pretty!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My calico chirped too!

My current cat trills at times, not much on strong chirps.