TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I am new to this site. Any one use CBD oil for feline seizures

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Search Results for Query: cbd oil seizures

If you go through some of these threads, you will find comments and experiences with the use of CBD oil. Some discuss seizures and its use.

If your cat is having seizures, I would not use CBD oil as a first line treatment if the vet has not been involved. Seizures can be massively complicated in cats, not all are the same, and the failure to treat which may result in repeated seizures trains the brain to continue to have them.

If your cat takes any other medications, CBD oil is a pathway disrupter and can cause fluctuations in effectiveness of other drugs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kvonkiro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Search Results for Query: cbd oil seizures

If you go through some of these threads, you will find comments and experiences with the use of CBD oil. Some discuss seizures and its use.

If your cat is having seizures, I would not use CBD oil as a first line treatment if the vet has not been involved. Seizures can be massively complicated in cats, not all are the same, and the failure to treat which may result in repeated seizures trains the brain to continue to have them.

If your cat takes any other medications, CBD oil is a pathway disrupter and can cause fluctuations in effectiveness of other drugs.

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello. I am new to this site. Any one use CBD oil for feline seizures
What does your cat eat? Does it contain gluten? Like corn gluten, wheat gluten? There has been some evidence that gluten can cause seizures in cats that are sensitive to it. I had a client whose cat developed seizures and when I suggested she get it off the gluten-containing food her cat was much better. Mild seizures, yes, but she was still feeding a little bit of gluten. I bet if she had completely removed the gluten food her cat would've stop seizing completely. It's worth a try.

As for CBD oil, I've never had anyone try it for that issue.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used CBD oil fro my cat's hyperthesia, and though it did help it didn't elminate the constant licking and scratching. i have used SO many natural supplements and things and none have ever worked as well as meds from the vet. My cats are doing so much better now on 2.5 mg of prednisone it is unreal. CBD oil does interfere with a lot of other meds so watch it.There are seizure supplements on Amazon for cats, I even tried that, but they did nothing.