Cats with color changing eyes!

tina huckabay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 My cat Betsy her eyes change from green to black she is a older cat about  years old I'm just wondering why this happens?

pompy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Felix's eyes are yellow with a bit of green-ish yellow in the center. Sometimes, I think depending on the lighting, it'll change from a rich golden yellow to a more green-ish yellow.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Willow is ticked out of her mind, her eyes are dark orange. When she's happy and/or frisky, they'll be a pretty green. <snip>
That's interesting.  My cats eye color change too.  I always assumed the color shift was due to how the light strikes their eyes.  I never gave any thought to mood as a possible source.  

4ismynum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My handsome Gondu's eyes go from yellow to green before my eyes, a green ring starts expanding from the pupil showing less yellow until the whole eye is green. His nick name is actually "La luz" because I was sure certain lighting caused this change, I'll have to pay attention and see mood changes :)

silvester

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sylvesters eyes change with his mood happy in my lap green playing or moc hunting yellow [emoji]128522[/emoji]