\cat Wants To Go Outside

jeanne38

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats.. they have accidentally gotten outside a few times but i keep being told that you should never let them out. Now i have a hard time keepting them in since they got a taste...One of them cries alot.. i am trying to see if i should keep them in no matter what and hope that they get over it. or let them out a few times a week. I tried harness training..it fear it is too late for that HELP

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is not too late for harness training, it just takes time. You have to first get them used to wearing the harness in the house, first for a few minutes, and then longer and longer. They will buck, and run around like a devil has hold of them, but eventually they do get used to it. The cat that loved going outside the most in a harness in my house was the worst to train, I would put on the harness and she would just fall over on her side like she was paralyzed! You could also get a dog kennel with a top and put in a climbing tree, etc. That is another safe solution. I pick up too many tragic strays off the street in my neighborhood, it only takes a second for a cat to make a bad judgement on crossing. It's not worth the heartache. I would give anything to hear my Chrissy crying to get out once again, instead of visiting her grave.