Cat Songs

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone...

So I thought we could have some fun and see how many cat songs we can come up with? I would caveat that the song has to actually be about a cat.. not a cat metaphor. And if you can find the video of it or audio, even cooler!... I have one to start us off!!  Discovered it today, DH showed it to me... said he feels like this sometimes!! Okay your turn. What other cat songs do you know..?

"The Cat Song" by Ray Stevens

Last edited:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 From a classic Canadian children's show... Fred Penner, playing for his all grown up audience.

Aristocats?

And then I stumbled upon this really recently, but it made me laugh. The video doesn't have English so the nonsensical lyrics are below:

Ok!
Cat!
Ok Cat!
Cat Cat Cat Cat!

Let's all meet (Ok!) With the green cat~ (Cat!)
Nothing to fear~ (Ok Cat!) splash splash use your monthly time off~ (Cat Cat Cat Cat!)

Let's all together have fun with Ok Cat~ Put all of your troubles behind you!
Start a new adventure with the ugly green cat~
Throw away everything that hurts your head! (woo!) Put all of your headaches behind you! (*slurp)
Start fun imaginings~ (waha~) Close your eyes, there! Think of~
That green cat next to you~ (meow) That ugly thing, what in the world is it's name~ (What's your name?)
My name is Ok Cat! (Meow~) The more you see it, definitely! It's not ugly, it's so charming right! (woohooo~)

Nothing to fear~ (Ok Cat!) splash splash use your monthly time off~ (Cat Cat Cat Cat!)

Ok!
Cat!
Ok Cat!
Cat Cat Cat Cat!

OK Cat has his own social networking pages, haha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one has to be shared. Such a sweet and funny story about  a girl who loves her cat for who she is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And how can we forget "Soft kitty" from The Big Bang Theory?? :)

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Walking My Cat Named Dog - Norma Tanega

The Cat In The Window (The Bird In The Sky) - Petula Clark

Alley Cat Song - Peggy Lee

Siamese Cat Song - Peggy Lee

Do The Boodanee (I don't know if this counts, but its a song about a cat called Boodanee) - The Roches

My favourite is a line is in an Indigo Girls song called Fill It Up Again that goes "I'm just a lazy orange house cat on a sofa where I'll be put up..."

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These are all great -- AND, all the same ones i could think of!  I'm tapped out, but this was a fun thread!