cat size?

CATZ008

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 5 or 6 month old cat that is already almost 10" up to the shoulders and about 13" long? this may not be 100% accurate especially due to the fact that I am doing this myself with a measuring tape but does that bring any ideas for a possible breed? I am unsure because I believe that he was a stray? or has many different breeds in him..

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have any pictures? What is his coat colours and coat length? You have a large kitty! 😊

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, welcome!
He could be a big cat when he's mature. Have you neutered him yet? Be sure and feed him as much as he wants to eat until he's at least a year and a half, including wet food, and try different brands so that he's comfortable eating multiple types and varieties of food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CATZ008

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have any current pictures of him because I'm using a laptop that doesn't really belong to me cuz I am on a trip, and no, he isn't neutered yet. I will try to give him more food options later. He has been eating the same kitten food for quite a while now. He has had some wet cat food in the past yet it couldn't hurt to give him some new ones to try! Thanks for the food tips, I am sure that'll help with future diet changes!

CATZ008

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have any current pictures of him because I'm using a laptop that doesn't really belong to me cuz I am on a trip, and no, he isn't neutered yet. I will try to give him more food options later. He has been eating the same kitten food for quite a while now. He has had some wet cat food in the past yet it couldn't hurt to give him some new ones to try! Thanks for the food tips, I am sure that'll help with future diet changes!
Also he is a blue lynx point who-knows-what, he also has a very fluffy tail, ear tufts, and a short-medium ( maybe at the moment ) coat.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once you get a photo it might be possible to say what breed or breeds he looks similar to, but unless you got him from a breeder, or he has something very breed specific, like an extremely flat face like a Persian, it's unlikely he is any specific breed or mix. Unlike dogs most cats (over 95%) are just random bred "domestic", more specifically from what you described likely a domestic medium hair. Unfortunately size and color don't really help narrow it down or point to any specific breed either since cats can range in size a lot, and pointed coat colors are found in many breeds as well as the in the random domestic population.

CATZ008

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay I am back (sorry for the wait) I have gotten him a DNA test and forgot about the post LOL but he is tested to be a Balinese cat. I'll try to find out more about the breed.