Cat seems depressed after spay

Kirsty138

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my 10 month old cat spayed on Tuesday. She’s always been very wild and crazy but since getting her done she looks and acts so down.
so I have her in a recovery suit as the vet recommended due to her obsessive cleaning.She hates the cone. She’s eating, drinking using litter tray but only when I bring them to her. She sits all day sleeping on the sofa and won’t move. She went for a check up last night and the vets said she’s healing fine and to take her vest off a couple of hours a day and supervise her with the cleaning. So I have and she still doesn’t look happy no matter what I do. It’s making me really sad.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats don't take to the anesthesia very well. my Chrissy was like this for a week or so, I was getting very worried. She even peed in her bed the frist day. If the vet checked her yesterday, she should be fine, as long as she is eating/drinking/using teh litter box, even if you have to bring them to her, she should be fine. watch for any thick, colored discharge from her wound, and if she stops eating, call the vet right away, she may need an antibiotic. My Chrissy also refused to move when I put a collar or harness on her too, so the onesie may be contributing also. Does she act better without It? Some licking is OK, the incisions are glued now so they really can't pull on any stitches to open the wound. I have never used a cone or onesie with all the cats I have had spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kirsty138

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The incision have dissolvable stitches in there so I need to be careful she doesn’t groom. No she acts the same without it as she does with it. It is only day 3 still but I hate seeing her so down :(