Cat Hiding

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello fellow cat lovers,
I have a orange tabby and he is about 4 yrs old he has an older sister named blossom. This past Monday I had to take them to the vet because I thought they had fleas...which they did. Whole we were there they got their rabies shot. Blossom came home and she is fine, however my orange tabby lil bits has been in hiding ever since and today is Thursday. I have gone to his hiding spot and tried getting him out with love (petting),treats, and toys. None of these has worked. Help I miss my cuddly bubba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not yet wasnt sure if I should since he is eating and going to the bathroom

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He just came out for some wet food and ate almost all of it and started cleaning himself seemed not interested in play so I went to go get some treats and 2 seconds later he went back into hiding

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is good that he is eating. I do find that rabies vaccines usually make them feel yucky for a few days. But it has been awhile. I would call the vet, but I wouldn't panic since he is eating and having normal bowel movements. :sunshine:

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thanks I will call tomorrow since they are already closed for the night. Thank you I just miss my baby he let's me pet him and purrs while I do so but only in his hiding spot

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not in the medical field, but from what you describe I truly think he will be okay!

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reassurance I have been so upset afraid that he wont get back to trusting me I got him to move from under the couch and into the open but that was only 2 feet from his hiding place

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He absolutely trusts you! He just feels icky right now. Just like when we are sick, we may not necessarily want to be around anyone - even those we love! We just want to hibernate....

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks lets hope he gets to feeling better as soon as possible I just don't want him to be in any pain or upset

Crazylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great news he came out to play and just to let me love on him!!! Of course I went to him but i will take it! Slowly but surely he is coming back out of hiding. He came into the living room to play with a toy for a minute. Hopefully soon he wont be hiding at all.