Cat Has A Hooked Nose?

l'heureux

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
6F9B370E-59DA-405A-B37B-72E8B6D599AB.jpeg Hey all! So I’ve always noticed that my cat, Belle, has a unique nose shape. I’ve had and fostered plenty of cats in my life, and I’ve never seen a nose quite like hers. I’m not entirely sure what the proper word is, but my roommate says it’s a “hooked” shape nose. Does anyone else have a cat with this nose shape? Does it somehow indicate the breed of an ancestor or something?

Personally, I think it’s just the cutest thing and adds a cute bit of character to her face!

Attachments

Diana Faye

Always and Forever, Irving
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's darling!! I don't know, if i recall right, in horses it's called a roman nose I think...
Yes, it's referred to as a roman nose with horses. It's not always favored as the "dished" face is more popular (think Arabians). We have a horse at the barn I work with that has a roman nose and IMO it makes him look distinguished, especially when he prances.

I just took a closer look at my kitty and realized he has a roman nose, too! It's not very pronounced but the downward slope gives him an interesting profile. I like it, though, he's a handsome fellow.

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love roman noses! They add character. Belle is precious, if you don't mind, may I have a full image of her? I wanna see her fur coat as her face makes me curious about what her fur looks like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

l'heureux

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
image.jpg this is terribly late, but here you go Aieko Aieko ! she’s a diluted calico longhair with blue eyes. it’s not the best lighting, but her fur has a very dirty appearance on her back — at first i thought she needed a bath when i got her, but it’s just that gray/brown color on her fur.

Attachments

Dmichele

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it's referred to as a roman nose with horses. It's not always favored as the "dished" face is more popular (think Arabians). We have a horse at the barn I work with that has a roman nose and IMO it makes him look distinguished, especially when he prances.

I just took a closer look at my kitty and realized he has a roman nose, too! It's not very pronounced but the downward slope gives him an interesting profile. I like it, though, he's a handsome fellow.