Cat has a bruise post op neutering 3 weeks later

Sara_kahdim3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.

I have an 18 month old female ragdoll who was sprayed 3-4 weeks ago. Her incision healed properly and everything was fine until a few days ago I found a bruise. The doctor said it’s internal bleeding and she should rest for a few days and I’m trying to help her feel loved but also to help her heal. She does jump and I try to stop her but I can’t always. No blood comes out or anything but it’s darker than when I saw the vet on Friday
I’m quite worried it’ll get worse. She is eating fine and going to the toilet, she is playful when I do play but lately she is walking around the house meowing and cries when shes alone.

is this normal? What should I do?

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It kind of looks like it's on a nipple and not the incision area. Can you get a better picture?

Bruises do get darker before they get lighter as they heal, so if the vet said it's ok, it probably is. But bruising isn't a normal part of spay recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sara_kahdim3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It kind of looks like it's on a nipple and not the incision area. Can you get a better picture?

Bruises do get darker before they get lighter as they heal, so if the vet said it's ok, it probably is. But bruising isn't a normal part of spay recovery.
Hello!
Thanks for replying.
It’s not a nipple but the incision sight. The little dot is just the stitch. The vet said it’s fine but she never had it when she was healing. It only happened when I took the cone off and she started playing. It is bruised and becoming deeper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sara_kahdim3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
Thanks for replying.
It’s not a nipple but the incision sight. The little dot is just the stitch. The vet said it’s fine but she never had it when she was healing. It only happened when I took the cone off and she started playing. It is bruised and becoming deeper.
It is on the left side and it is a flank surgery

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will darken some with time and may change colors, sometimes looking purple or even greenish as it fades. I would keep an eye on it and contact your vet if it continues for more than a few days without fading. Seems she should have been healed-up after this length of time--that's what's puzzling. Just follow what your vet suggests, and try to keep her from running and jumping too much.