Cat Got Hit With A Door

Marcus234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was putting my other cat outside and then I came inside but when I opened the door my other cat was right in front of the door and when I opened it the door hit the cat that was on the other side I didn't know he was there and now I'm worried if he's okay.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is the cat acting strangely? Hiding? Limping? Did the door hit the cat hard?

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say that your kitty is probably ok then. Cats are great at hiding pain, though, so if you're unsure, or see any strange behavior, you could always take him to the vet. Unless there are any symptoms of pain or injury, I'd say it's probably ok.
Cats love to hide and be underfoot, so it just takes some extra caution sometimes to prevent injuring your furry friend. Even then, sometimes accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up about it, just try to open the door more cautiously now that you know your cat might like to hide there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marcus234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say that your kitty is probably ok then. Cats are great at hiding pain, though, so if you're unsure, or see any strange behavior, you could always take him to the vet. Unless there are any symptoms of pain or injury, I'd say it's probably ok.
Cats love to hide and be underfoot, so it just takes some extra caution sometimes to prevent injuring your furry friend. Even then, sometimes accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up about it, just try to open the door more cautiously now that you know your cat might like to hide there.
Thanks i feel much better now

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Our tabby hides near the hinge of the front door all the time. He's nearly gotten squished a few times. I've also stepped on tabby tails, and bumped into my kitties all the time.

And once I had my little tortie literally body-slam me going down the stairs. I usually walk to the stairs and wait until she explodes down so I don't kick her. I think she was aiming for my leg. It would have been an entirely legitimate Pick and Roll in basketball, so the ref didn't throw a foul ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marcus234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our tabby hides near the hinge of the front door all the time. He's nearly gotten squished a few times. I've also stepped on tabby tails, and bumped into my kitties all the time.

And once I had my little tortie literally body-slam me going down the stairs. I usually walk to the stairs and wait until she explodes down so I don't kick her. I think she was aiming for my leg. It would have been an entirely legitimate Pick and Roll in basketball, so the ref didn't throw a foul ...
My cat likes to rub against my legs all the time so sometimes when he comes out of nowhere i sometimes may trip on him.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a great photo of your kitty! Glad he's ok. It's really hard to be careful around kitties sometimes.

I have started shuffling and walking slowly down the hallway, because that's always when they want to run out of nowhere and get right under my feet. I also have pocket doors that I have to be really careful with. Still, I've stepped on both of them at least once, and bonked my male cat with the front door. Thank goodness they weren't hurt, but I felt so bad!