Cat flu - kittens

Copley94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!
So recently all my kittens have gone off to their new homes but over the last couple days I’ve had a lady who gave one of the kittens a new home message me basically blaming me that her kitten has got cat flu and has had to take him to the vets a few timesetc.

While here none of the kittens showed signs of being unwell, otherwise if they did I would have taken them to the vets myself and postponed them being collected.

Their bowls were always cleaned after Meals, I cleaned their litter tray twice a day (there was 7 kittens) I even cleaned and gave fresh water twice a day and wiped down their toys at the end of the day, as I read about keeping everything clean with so many kittens to not have germs spread etc. so I made sure to do that.

im not sure on the purpose of this post but im just really stressed out by the message 😭😭

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats can have a virus 2 to 10 days before they show any symptoms.

They can pick them up from being pet with someone with a virus on their hands, or during travel or if the new home has other pets that go outside, if the new owners pet a cat outside or at a store and then didnt wash their hands before handling the kitten...its impossible to know the cause.

Feline Upper Respiratory Infection | VCA Animal Hospital | VCA Animal Hospitals

Do you regularly have kittens at home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Copley94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can have a virus 2 to 10 days before they show any symptoms.

They can pick them up from being pet with someone with a virus on their hands, or during travel or if the new home has other pets that go outside, if the new owners pet a cat outside or at a store and then didnt wash their hands before handling the kitten...its impossible to know the cause.

Feline Upper Respiratory Infection | VCA Animal Hospital | VCA Animal Hospitals

Do you regularly have kittens at home?
No these were kittens that my cat had so had them here for 8 weeks, neither of my cats have been ill or showed signs of being ill and neither did the kittens the whole time they were here, I don’t get any other animals coming into my home and my cats are indoor cats only

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No these were kittens that my cat had so had them here for 8 weeks, neither of my cats have been ill or showed signs of being ill and neither did the kittens the whole time they were here, I don’t get any other animals coming into my home and my cats are indoor cats only
Well. That leaves the other instances i listed as example and others not listed.

Are you getting spayed/neutered now or are you breeding?