Cat Daddy- Jackson Galaxy

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I got the book from a kind TCS member the other day and I started reading it yesterday.

So far my views of Jackson as a person, himself.. is changing. I am not loving his 'F-U' attitude and how he expressed so much of drug use and peeing in a bottle so many times in the beginning. I am hoping this book gets better. I am trying to look past this to continue reading the book, knowing he's a cat expert and is very popular for what he does for cats.

Is anyone else reading this book? read it? What did you think of it?

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

By going to this page, I could see Jackson Galaxy is a cat behaviorist and there are cat care tips somewhere in the book.

Last edited:

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't know he had a book, I like his tv show.

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been planning to pick up this book someplace, haven't had time to go to my local bookstore yet. Seems like a good book to me! But I'm a fan of all things Jackson Galaxy.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the book from a kind TCS member the other day and I started reading it yesterday.

So far my views of Jackson as a person, himself.. is changing. I am not loving his 'F-U' attitude and how he expressed so much of drug use and peeing in a bottle so many times in the beginning. I am hoping this book gets better. I am trying to look past this to continue reading the book, knowing he's a cat expert and is very popular for what he does for cats.

Is anyone else reading this book? read it? What did you think of it?
I have not read the book if he is not doing drugs now good for him and we need to look past that since he is a better person now and helping strays and troubled cats isn't true if it wasnt for a cat he had he would be a gonner or something? i'm not sure

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read this awhile ago and that is one crazy book. Not at all what I was expecting. I'm not even sure if I'd recommend it to anyone. 

catclan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I picked it up from the library and started reading. I really like what he says in the dedication, in part:

To anyone who has ever put their dreams on hold in order to make these [homeless cats'] lives more tolerable.

To anyone who has ever adopted an animal, often decidedly averting their gaze away from the eyes of logic when a helpless one called out; thank you.

I hope the rest will hold up. I'm a fan of My Cat From Hell and how Jackson handles the humans so they learn to "speak Cat".

carolynmerrill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read this book last week and I have since loaned it to two other people...  It appealed to me on several differant levels; addiction, suffering through and recovering from; living and coping with a neurotic and abused cat; the lengths we go to for our cats; and letting go. The language can be vivid but it is from his life and is as much a part of him as his story. Highly reccomend it :)

1daughter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had heard that it was the act of rescuing the cats that had "saved" him from drug addiction. I think he's very knowledgeable about cats and cat behavior. Not everyone can be an author, though!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Jackson had gotten shots. He seems to always get scratched by those mean cats. Bella will be sweet one minute and then have a bipolar minute and go off on me for petting her. And Thunder ? You can hold her for about 2 minutes and she acts like we are going to hurt her,she goes freaky on us.

dejolane

charlottekat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't read it, i might get it off of Amazon. But I LOVE his T.V show!