cat breed

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a beautiful tabby to me. Possibly a mixed breed kitty?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please can you tell me what breed if any my cat Holly is..thanks
The most probable is she is a domestic.  But verry handsome!!!   The pattern is interesting.  Most would probably say, mackerel or broken mackerel - difficult to say as we dont see the whole side on her, loud and clear, streched out.

BUT.   In some associations she would probably count as a spotted, as she DOES has some  spots on her behind.   I saw once on a Swedish breeder forum, it was someone who wanted to re-register her pure bred, from Mackerel tabby to a spotted.

Mackerel tabbies has often some spots on tummy, but they dont count.   This owner found there were some spots on the cats tail...  The comments said, if it was 7 or more spots outside the tummy, it would be counted as spotted...

Hers was of course of pet quality, no real show exemplar as a spotted tabby, but still...  She had apparently the gene.

YOurs  is a beauty.  If she is sociale, and like people to look on her and admire her, you may perhaps want to participate in Shows?   Almost every cat shows does have a HHP-class, ie for household pets.   The cats without known or prooved purebred ancestry.

Im no expert on colors, I would guess on a black silver...  Black in the stripes color, and silver in the fur.    Really handsome here...