Can't figure out the type of cat

rosabelly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We have had her for over a year. Her previous owner was put in a nursing home and the family just left her at the abandoned house. We think she might be a calico due to the small orange spot near her nose but aren't sure. She is a year and a half I believe.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We have had her for over a year. Her previous owner was put in a nursing home and the family just left her at the abandoned house. We think she might be a calico due to the small orange spot near her nose but aren't sure. She is a year and a half I believe.
Let me paraprase  an anecdote from Jerome K. Jerome "Three men in a boat, not to mention the dog".  A person there happened to read a Doctor book, and got the impression he had all they symptoms mentioned.  As he said, " It seems I dont have water in the knee.  Why, I dont understand it at all, BUT it seems,  I do have everything else.   I suggest you use me as your exemplary patient in the medical High School..."

Why this?    She doenst seems to be a tabby.  Why, I dont understand it, but as far as I can see on my so so monitor, she isnt a tabby.

BUT, she does has everything else.   She is a tortie, as you said.  She has white.  She is surely a point, probably seal (=black) point.   And to throw some goodies, I think she is not just a common "siamese mix", I think she is a mixed point, one point gene of the siamese type, and the other point gene of the burmanese type.    This burmanese point gene causes she darkens up so much, more than just a common seal point would do... And the eyes are barely bluish because of it.

There is surely something I forgot, forgive me.

But as said, she does seems to have everything save being a tabby.

Oh, did I mentioned she is a bi-color?  Think Snowshoe.   Oh yeah.

ps.  These white spots on her back are rather unusual too... May it be vitilago??

the breed as such is surely domestic shorthair, but an unusual combination...   Anyway, a mitted tortie point,  in short version.    Mitted means with white on points.

Some would probably call her for a Chimaera  (which is an odd combination of genes, not a real breed).

Last edited: