can u please tell me what breed is this cat

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Aww, what a little beauty ! :rbheart:

She would be a van patterned red tabby and white domestic shorthair.

A van patten is cat which is mostly white with just colour to head and tail.
Your kitten is also a tabby which you can see the tabby pattern in her red colour on tail and head.

This pattern is seen in the Turkish van cat. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for the reply .

iam new to cats.will it grow into long haired or short haired cat.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Looking back at her pictures again I now think she might turn out to be a long hair. But not very long haired more of a semi long, medium length hair. :D

Ps How old is she and what's her name ??? She's such a sweetie. :rbheart:

Last edited:

tabish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont know her age and not named her yet.her mother was killed in an road accident.just bought her home 2 days ago.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful baby! She must be so scared after her mom was taken that way. Some kittens have longer hair like that but are short haired when they grow up. You won't know her final hair length or eye color until six months or so. She is SO young, I would say she is only about 5 weeks old. Bless you for taking her in, and here's to many years of love and companionship. Good luck and welcome to the site!

tabish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww, what a little beauty !

She would be a van patterned red tabby and white domestic shorthair.

A van patten is cat which is mostly white with just colour to head and tail.
Your kitten is also a tabby which you can see the tabby pattern in her red colour on tail and head.

This pattern is seen in the Turkish van cat.
I have just looked up Turkish van cats.I am sure she is one of them evrything matches from its coat colour to two different coloured eyes(one blue and other amber).Thanks for your help.  

tabish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

What a beautiful baby! She must be so scared after her mom was taken that way. Some kittens have longer hair like that but are short haired when they grow up. You won't know her final hair length or eye color until six months or so. She is SO young, I would say she is only about 5 weeks old. Bless you for taking her in, and here's to many years of love and companionship. Good luck and welcome to the site!
yes she was very scared,she used to call for her mom whole time.But now she is good. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

yes she was very scared,she used to call for her mom whole time.But now she is good. 
Continue to be very mommy to here, more than if she was your average, bough kitten of 8+, probably even 12 weeks kitten...

5 w is pretty little...  

If you can adopt one more, it would be good, so they will have company of each other.  Most cats prefer company.

The second one should preferable be older, who is taugh from mom and siblings alll these cat do and doesnt...

Re:  breed.   Strictly speaking,  a breed is ancestry not looks.   Without solid proofs she has turkish van ancestry, she isnt no turkish van.  That breed is rather rare, not everyday cat even in Turkey.

But her looks can be compared to turkish van = that pattern is btw not unusual, while the breed is unusual...

Good luck!