Can anybody tell me the breed of this cat?

johnnycanuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just aquired an adorable kitten from the internet. I am obviously going to take him to the vet to get a full check because the seller had no info. (it was actually very weird). I assume hes just a domestic but would like to know where his lineage may lie. I am hoping the vet can give me more info but I thought I would reach out to the cat community as well. Attached is a pic of my little guy (barrett smith).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veryvery few cats have any purebreed heritage. Most cats just do their cat thing with no interference from humans. Almost certainly a domestic. He looks very young, so you may have to make accomodations for a few weeks (use a smaller litterbox, mush up his food, etc.) until he gets older.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

johnnycanuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your response. He went for his first visit to the vet last night and did very well. He has been given a clean bill of health except for fleas. No biggie, got the problem fixed asap. He is 8 weeks old and very energetic. This is my first cat that I have owned as an adult but have extensive background with dogs of all breeds. I know not all my experience will translate. I am hoping that he doesnt lose the silver hairs he has. Ive been told he most likely will though. Either way we are attached for life :)