Can any one help name my cats breed

felicia russo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Please if anyone knows what breed my cat is please let me no here is a picture of jazzy she is a female i believe at least a yr old she is very lovable and is affectionate to me and my family especially my young kids i  hope someone can tell my this picture

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We see already here she is a beuty.  but we want a good pic or two from aside too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felicia russo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

felicia russo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wow they look so much alike thank you

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if she wasnt in heat when some of the pics were taken.   This back legs postition is quite typical.

felicia russo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
can they still go in  heat after they are fixed

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

can they still go in  heat after they are fixed
Not very common, but there are several different possibilities:

1.  She isnt fixed - the seller told a lie to get rid more easily.  this is not unusual.

2.  Sometimes the vet can get a mix up.   We had cases where a vet cooperating with a shelter  wrote a kitten was spayed, where she wasnt.  He probably got several kittens to spay at once, and miscounted them...  I suppose its easily done.  Many kittens / cats, it shall go quick because it shall be cheap and yet be medically fairly safe, perhaps even different operations...

3. Sometimes the surgeon happens to leave a bit of the ovarium.  so it still produces some hormones.  The cat cant get pregnant, because the uterus is taken away, but there is still some amount of hormones flowing...

And thus, they can get in heat...  Or at least, in a heat alike condition, because the level of hormones isnt that high as in an intact female.

bunnycakes13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THANX SO MUCH BONEPICKER!!! I've been wondering this for two yeads since i picked up Sweetheart from an alley.(^·^) so glad i stumbbled aling this site let alone this specific post!