Can any one help me with identifying the breed of my precious boy Marli?

marliandme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys I am a new member to the Cat Site :)

My baby boy Marli is about 7-8 months old at the moment... He was sold to me as a 'bengal x' but I can see that is not true.. however he is strikingly beautiful and not like any cat I have ever owned (have always rescued kittens off the street) and this is the first time I actually purchased a kitten!

Let me start by telling you a bit about Marli.. He is the most affectionate kitty in the world, every morning once his fed I hop back into bed and once his finished eating he will come and give me and endless supply of headbutts and lick my face til its sore. When I leave the house it seems as though he waits for me in the same spot.. and oh my is he vocal! We can have conversations! (even though I have no clue what he is saying to me). He loves being carried around and starts kneading wherever he can (arms/shoulder) and he loves kisses on his forehead! His eyes are amber with a bright green ring around his pupil. It didn't start off this way.. they were pure amber as a tiny kitten and at about 3-4 months we started noticing the bright green. His furr is short everywhere but his tummy.. where its a little longer.. and he is so shiny in the sun :')

He LOVES people! Anyone who comes over falls in love with Marli.. he is truly a family member. Everyone leaves saying "I hate cats, I'm a dog person.. but Marli is different!"

Doing some of my own research I believe he may be part egyptian mau.. he fits the criteria, but! There are hardly any mau breeders in Melbourne  Victoria, Australia so this makes me think he cannot be a mau. 

When I brought him home my bf said... I think we're feeding him so much look at his belly fat. I said no.. its not belly fat his so athletic and defined everywhere else... then last night when I was researching the mau... they have a belly flap! However they also said its considered a fault in other breeds.. so I really don't know!

I'd really appreciate all your cat knowledge.

P.s he weighs 4 kilos.. whats the ideal amount of food to feed him (I feed royal canin dry+wet) and how many times a day should I feed him? I ask this because he bolts to the kitchen and meows if I'm in the kitchen.. whenever I am in the kitchen.

Thanks in advance everybody :)

(I have attached 10 pics to help)