Butt......I just don’t know!

Sall223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a little embarrassing but, how do we know if our cat has an issue with their backside? My 3 year old cat‘s bottom looks a little irritated. But that’s coming from a human’s eye.

Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Can you get a photo of it and send it to your vet, along with whether his/her litterbox habits are normal and is s/he eating and drinking normally?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sall223 Sall223 , you are probably used to seeing your little one's backside since they like to present us with that part of their anatomy, so if you think it looks irritated, it probably is. Is he/she licking at it? If so, a Vet visit may be in order as it could be an anal gland issue. My old girl was really licking hers and I didn't pay enough attention and she ended up with a rupture. I felt terrible that I didn't catch it before it ruptured. Not to say that's what's happening, but just letting you know to keep an eye out. How are things in the litter box? Any changes? Could be a constipation issue, or a reverse issue. Or worms. Could be quite a few things, or nothing. .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sall223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eating, drinking and peeing/pooping the same as always. I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks much for the suggestions.