Bump on the Head...

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new kitty has a superficial-feeling bump on her head; the vet could not quite discern its cause. She said it could be scar tissue from a claw wound, or it could be a cyst. I'm to watch it to see if it changes in size.

Have you ever felt a lump on your cat(s)? Simon has two bumps on his throat region, both of which feel like they're drying out (scabbing) and about to come off. (They aren't dried blood.) I don't know why my cats are getting lumpy these days.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they are tiny, and do not move around under the skin, they are probably either bite wounds or scratch wounds on the mend. Even an insect bite can cause them to scar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I say that the bump feels superficial because it does not seem to be beneath the skin. At least I do not feel it move beneath the skin, as does a cyst. It's more of a hardened lump. It is definitely noticeable on her little head, though it does not protrude through her fur.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she will let you wet the furr a bit, you can seperate the hairs to see what may be brewing there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a flesh-colored bump. Her vet already parted the fur and observed/ felt it for at least a minute. She thinks it's scar tissue, but it's hard to tell. We just need to keep a close eye on it.