Bump on bridge of cat's nose

Lynz4kjb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1000020572.jpg
Has anyone dealt with their cat having a bump on the bridge of their nose? My cat is 1 yr and 7 months old, neutered male indoor only and UTD on vaccines. 7 months ago I noticed a bump on the bridge of his nose. It started out small and it is hard. It slowly started growing and got rather large. The vet told me that they thought it was a sinus infection and put him on a round of antibiotics. The bump went away with antibiotics.

Fast forward to now and the bump is coming back. I went to the vet and they recommended trying antibiotics again. He has now been on Clavamox for 10 days and the bump has gotten slightly smaller but not a huge difference. He doesn't seem to be in pain, eats and plays like normal. I have noticed a little sneezing, but nothing extraordinary. Has anyone else dealt with this?? My vet said the next step is sedating him and taking a needle aspiration of the area to do a culture and the cost is $600 😱

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I would test for Cryptococcus. It is a blood test. Cryptococcus is a fungal infection that can present in many different ways, but the most common, is a bump on the nose with sneezing and or congestion.